August 02, 2006

Bidding

Sounds like I am running an auction firm here at ISB.. Isnt it?.. :) but I am not.. wish I could.. but this is how you get to select the courses you want. You bid for it and you get it if you have bid well enough and if there is enough seats to accommodate you in the class for the course. Though this sounds a bit weird but it’s a fair procedure.

 

Now with electives coming our way in another couple of months, this is the first time I have actually got down to look into the details of each course that ISB offers. You might start thinking how I went about doing a research on ISB when I planned to apply for it... Hmm.. figure it for yourself.. ;)

 

Coming to the elective courses... Its sad that I have just 16 credits, 4 terms and 8 more months.. with so many mind boggling courses to choose from. Moreover with a taste of the cream after 2 terms, its interesting to venture out into the extensions of the courses already experienced. This would not have been possible sitting at my home while deciding to do an MBA at ISB. If I start listing all the courses, the post will run into pages.. so its better I just stick to my emotions in this post.. ;) Just to give a feel, the courses I might end up choosing from (after a lot of thought) are:

 

Branding, International Finance, IT Strategy and Economics, Pricing, Sales management, Consumer Behaviour, Corporate Control M & A, Financial Statement Analysis, Investing in Private Equity, Marketing Research, Advertising, Corporate Risk Management, IT Services Project Management, Marketing Strategy and economic analysis, Global Issues in IT management, Indian Financial system, Managing Strategic Partnerships, New Product Development and Retail Marketing...

 

Wooohh.. that was some list.. Have to kick out a few more before I end up choosing what I can actually go for keeping in mind the credits I have to complete. Doesn’t that sound interesting?? It does to me, but the real picture will unfold when I actually start studying these courses and I have a feeling that I would want to get over with it as well.. :P.. just kidding.. I am all eager to take them on as early as possible.. Come on!! ..:)

 

Mahesh Shenoy

5 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger tejbir said...

can u please elaborate a little bit more on this bidding thing for taking electives?

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Mahesh Shenoy said...

Sure.. its like you get 4000 points and you have to bid for the courses you want to go for.. there will be some courses you want desparately and some which you would not mind if you dont get to do it.. so you bid higher for the courses you like. This is done to restrict the class size though at the end all interested folks end up with the courses they want as there are so many options available, you will end with the one you like the most.. cant explain in further detail as its tough to write and explain.. :(

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Full featured online auction. Bidz offers superior service and an outstanding opportunity for buyers, sellers and affiliates alike.

 
At 2:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What happens if you ude up all your bid points and you haven't got ebenou credits because you still have to take more electives but do not have bid points?

 
At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Use up*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home