January 27, 2005

Books to Read (Strategy)

Over the past year or so, Thimmaiah Chendrimada has been collecting a list of books that MBAs should read. Quite a few of them don't require an MBA to understand. Over the next week or so, we will be posting books that are eminiently readable.

Today, we will list books on Strategy. This list was compiled based on inputs provided by Prof. Aks Zaheer.

Strategy Essentials:
  • Competitive Strategy, Michael Porter
  • Competitive Advantage, Michael Porter
  • The Competitive Advantage of Nations, Michael Porter
  • Competing for the Future, Gary Hamel and CK Prahalad
  • Gaining & Sustaining Competitive Advantage, Jay Barney

Competitive Interaction and Game Theory:
  • Coopetition, Adam Brandenburger and Barry Nalebuff
  • Thinking Strategically, Avinash Dixit and Barry Nalebuff

Global Strategy:
  • The Borderless World, Kenichi Ohmae
  • Managing Across Borders: The Transnational Solution, Chris Bartlett & Sumantra Ghoshal

Strategy and the Internet:
  • Information Rules, Shapiro and Hal Varian
  • Competing in the Age of Digital Convergence, D. Yoffie

Strategy Implementation:
  • Corporate Culture & Leadership, Ed Schein

Knowledge Management:
  • The Knowledge Creating Company, I. Nonaka & H. Takeuchi

Strategic Planning:
  • The Rise and Fall of Strategic Planning, Henry Mintzberg

Strategic Alliances:
  • Alliance Advantage, Gary Hamel and Yves Doz

Mergers and Acquisitions:
  • Managing the Acquisition Process, Philippe Haspeslagh and David Jemison

Trust and Networks:
  • Structural Holes, Ronald Burt
  • Trust in Organizations, Roderick Kramer

Other Classics:
  • My Years with General Motors, Alfred P. Sloan
  • The Art of War, Sun Tzu
  • Strategy and Structure, Alfred D. Chandler

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger 性爱 said...

I am totally nude come see me. Take a bit for all pics and movies to load.

Why do I do this I like to make men blow their jiz in their pants.

Visit me.激情

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger job opportunitya said...

Fruitful blog. I favor your site and I shall
return to it! I go to sites like this when I get the
chance, and find blog just like this.
Oh please, check for the blog site with my !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home