September 18, 2004

ISB Trivia Contest

This weekend, we had the "Who Knows What Trivia Quiz" here at ISB. Each section was paired up with a Prof. and a nice number of people had turned up to cheer their respective section teams. Daman, Midha, Kanan and Vishal; thanks for all the help with organizing the event.

Section A came back from behind to give Section C a run for their money. But finally the huge lead Section C had built up, proved to be unsurmoutable. Section C won the Quiz beating its closest competitor by 40 points.

For those of you who came in late, here are the questions. Feel free to answer them using the comments section. Answers will be uploaded in a couple of days.

PS: Quite a few people have asked me about the source of these questions. While there is no one single source, I use a variety of reference sites which are considered the definitive works on a topic. These sites are:

Mythology: Pantheon.org
Word Origins: Wordorigins.org
Cartoons: Toonopedia.com
Art: Artchive.com
Movies: IMDB.com, Filmsite.org
Good Trivia Quizzes: Kcircle.com
Encyclopedia: Wikipedia.org

5 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sumit,

The link for questions is not working.:(

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Dhar said...

Hi,

I just tried the link and it is working. Maybe there was some problem with the hosting service provider when you tried it. Try again and it should work.

Cheers,
D.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks D.I loved the quiz

Am an avid quizzer. Was a part of K circle when I was in India. Let me be a part of ISB and I'll get back on the quizzing circuit.

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
Itz infact a very interesting quiz with lots of gud questions. I m eagerly waiting for the answers. Please do upload the same as soon as possible to pacify my inquisitiveness.

U can also mail me the answers at
santosh_9335@rediffmail.com

Thanx in anticipation.

 
At 4:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey nice info you posted.
I just browsing through some blogs and came across yours!

Excellent blog, good to see someone actually uses em for quality posts.

Your site kept me on for a few minutes unlike the rest :)

Keep up the good work!

Thanks!.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home